Foster families are an integral part of our life-saving program. We rely on dedicated foster homes for dogs, puppies, cats and kittens who are not quite ready for adoption, need medical treatment or just a break from shelter life. Fostering is fun and free! We provide all of the supplies you need, you provide the love!
If you’ve been missing a furry friend in your life but aren’t ready to adopt, becoming a temporary foster home is perfect for you! Foster families also provide much needed socialization time for our animals and learn their personalities to help us place them in the perfect forever home when they return to our shelter.
- Pet food, bowls, collar and leashes, litter boxes, crates or carriers, towels or blankets, toys and any additional supplies.
- All veterinary care including a 24-hour after hours emergency line.
- Support, training and follow-up care.
Foster Home Provides
- A safe, loving environment.
- Transportation to and from ACHS for booster appointments or vet checks.
- Reports on health and behavior traits to help place them in the perfect future home.
- A second chance for a rescued pet!
If you are interested in becoming an ACHS Foster Parent please use the button below to access our online Foster Application. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 352.373.5855 xt. 712.
Fostering for school hours? Here are the school service hours awarded by amount and animal type:
- 2 hours/day for 1-3 kittens or cats
- 4 hours/day for 4+ kittens or cats
- 6 hours/day for bottle baby kittens
- 3 hours/day for 1-3 puppies or dogs
- 5 hours/day for 4+ puppies or dogs
- 7 hours/day for bottle baby puppies